[Foundation-l] OTRS

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Thu Jun 2 21:57:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Huib Laurens <sterkebak at gmail.com> wrote:
> User Silverspoon publiced a e-mail I send to OTRS in a channel.
>
> This e-mail (http://demo.wickedway.nl/temp/SS%20temp.jpg) is a e-mail I
> sended to OTRS to release content. This e-mail was paste on pastebin to
> discuss in a public IRC channel (
> http://demo.wickedway.nl/temp/ss%20temp2.jpg),
>
> Silverspoon told me he had the information from user:FreakyFries. I tried to
> make a complaint by Guillom, the OTRS admin and he says he doesn't give a
> fuck. (http://demo.wickedway.nl/temp/ss%20temp3.jpg)
>
> At this moment I believe my privacy has been abbused by linking me to a
> website in a private channel, I would like to see what the foundation thinks
> about this since the person in charge thinks its perfectly normal to publish
> private e-mails.

Knowing more about the specifics of the situation, I think what the
OTRS agent did was fine.  The OTRS agent did not share any personally
identifiable information; he just shared enough of the contents of the
e-mail to help process the ticket effectively.

While we do not like to reveal ticket information for no reason (and
like to keep the private information about the customer private), if
we need to reveal parts of it to others in order to process it and get
assistance, we can do that.

I don't see anything wrong with what happened here, and if you have
further issues or details, please direct them privately to the rest of
the OTRS admins at: volunteers-otrs [at] wikimedia.org OR otrs-admins
[at] lists [dot] wikimedia [dot] org.

Thanks,
Casey

--