[Foundation-l] OTRS

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:58:29 UTC 2011

The privacy policy does not preclude releasing private emails, and even
writes in specific exceptions. When raised on en.wiki in relation to
releasing CheckUser information (in that case linking an IP to an account) I
thought the response there said it best; that not linking IP's to accounts
was accepted convention, but nothing precluded a CheckUser using good
judgement with the data.

With that said I think a stricter view is taken over OTRS mails.

Huib's complaints should not be dismissed at all; Beria has a point (though
I would not have addressed it they way he has done so :S) in that this is
best dealt with privately.

Contacting the right person to deal with this is key, though. I have dug
through the OTRS pages at Meta and nothing leaps out as "a place to raise
issues".

Tom