[Foundation-l] Request: WMF commitment as a long term cultural archive?

Fae faenwp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:29:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm taking part in an images discussion workshop with a number of
academics tomorrow and could do with a statement about the WMF's long
term commitment to supporting Wikimedia Commons (and other projects)
in terms of the public availability of media. Is there an official
published policy I can point to that includes, say, a 10 year or 100
commitment?

If it exists, this would be a key factor for researchers choosing
where to share their images with the public.

Thanks,
Fae
--
http://enwp.org/user_talk:fae