[Foundation-l] Oral Citations project: People are Knowledge

Wjhonson wjhonson at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 16:39:58 UTC 2011

The logical flaw here comes between "use" and "translate".
Although Wikipedians may and probably sometimes do, translate Wikipedia pages, from English to French etc, translating a source citation is something quite different.

I would agree with Ray that we should quote Latin texts in Latin, Spanish texts in Spanish no matter what language-page we are using.  IF the text is that important to English speakers then there should be or probably will soon be, a verifiable English language translation *not* created in-project, but rather by a reputable author publishing just such a translation.