[Foundation-l] Greg Kohs and Peter Damian

Phil Nash phnash at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 07:13:33 UTC 2011

Fred Bauder wrote:
>> As someone said previously, the mailing software truncates stuff
>> after the
>> word "From", if it begins a sentence, probably because it thinks
>> that's part
>> of the mail header.  No conspiracy or cloak and dagger stuff, just a
>> bug that probably ought to be looked at.
>>
>> I'd take this opportunity to ask if there's any other background to
>> what Kohs is talking about there.  I know that he twists stuff and
>> he's an expert
>> at making himself look the victim, but I've seen that particular
>> story a couple of times and the way he was quickly kicked from IRC
>> does look pretty
>> bad.  What, if anything, is he omitting from the story?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Craig Franklin
>
> He wanted to make a business of writing ads (articles with a favorable
> point of view) on Wikipedia for commercial clients, and to a certain
> extent, has.
>
> Fred

And worse than that, has bragged about it. Even I, a fairly naive content
editor, would have realised that that is anathema to the purpose of
Wikipedia.. But the difference is that I am an honest contributor, and
banned by ArbCom, and he is a dishonest contributor, and banned by the
community. You go figure  the difference.

PS, Greg, please feel free to sue; I have plenty of time to defend since I
can no longer deal with vandalism on WP these days. I'll even let you know
the name of my attorneys for service. Make my day.