[Foundation-l] Privacy concerns

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:28:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 19:18, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> The next question becomes....and what does this "trusted person" do with the
> information? If it is destroyed promptly, then there's really not much
> point; if it is retained, I'd like to see how this meets local and EU
> privacy policies.

Well I don't know about your EU but in ours we have a method called
"collecting private data by agreement for a given purpose" and it is
completely legal. If I say to you that you have to provide this and
that private data if you want me to do this and that and I will
collect your private data for that very purpose, and you agree, then I
am legally allowed to collect and handle it. You have the right to
disagree and leave the agreement and not to use the given service.

My 2 'cents.
Peter