[Foundation-l] Translatewiki illustrates how low internationalisation is in the priorities of the Wikimedia Foundation

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:37:54 UTC 2011

Hoi,
When you contribute at translatewiki.net, you contribute to the localisation
of Open Source / Free software. When YOU only want to contribute to
Wikipedia, please do not localise MediaWiki because it does not give us all
the best solution.

Your notion of Wikimedia and its contributions are at odds with what the
notions of the WMF. We want to provide knowledge and the tools to acquire
knowledge to all comers. When the CIA uses MediaWiki and it does, we are
happy because as a result we do and did get feedback on the use of our
project. When the CIA wants to use LocalisationUpdate and its people help
localise at translatewiki.net we could not be more happy.

Please study what Open Source / Free Software means and what its licenses
actually say.
Thanks,
      GerardM