[Foundation-l] retire the administrator privilege

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 13:24:37 UTC 2011

On 16 January 2011 07:45, Amir E. Aharoni <amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> What they do in the Portuguese Wikipedia is not what i propose; it's
> only close to it. What's listed at [[en:Wikipedia:Perennial
> proposals]] is very different from what i propose. I don't propose
> limited adminship; i propose to retire the concept of adminship
> entirely, because it's an outdated lump of very different things. (And
> by the way, i have a habit of re-reading Perennial proposals every
> couple of months.)

You would have some people that have all the different things and some
that only have a few. The former would, in essence, be admins and the
latter limited admins.

> A checkuser, for example, is not a limited admin. He's a checkuser and
> it's good that it is this way.

Are there any checkusers that aren't admins already? Checkuser is an
extra tool given to admins, not a tool given out independantly of
other tools.