[Foundation-l] VPAT

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Sun Feb 20 07:51:45 UTC 2011

Since we are not funded by the government and we have no relation what
so ever with the US government I don't see what VPAT has any relevance
to us. If the US government think MediaWiki doesn't fulfill the
condition, they had to use another wiki engine I am afraid.

Greetings
Ting

On 16.02.2011 19:49, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> Given that Unites States government agencies do use MediaWiki, it is quite a
> relevant question. Given that we provide such an important service on a
> worldwide scale, I would be interested in learning the answer to the
> question. Is that possible ?
>
> In the final analysis we can only achieve our aims well when we achieve
> highly in this respect.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM
>
> On 16 February 2011 19:43, Nathan<nawrich at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Gerard Meijssen
>> <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hoi,
>>> What IS a VPAT for 508 in the first place ?
>>> Thanks,
>>>       Gerard
>> See: http://www.section508.gov/
>>
>> Refers to a plan for compliance with a regulation designed to force
>> federally funded software products/services to be accessible for
>> people with disabilities.

Ting

Ting's Blog: http://wingphilopp.blogspot.com/