[Foundation-l] Licenses' biodiversity : my big disagreement with the Wikimedia usability initiative's software specifications

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 13:14:31 UTC 2011

On 19 February 2011 12:56, Teofilo <teofilowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/2/19 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

>> Please detail the legal problems in question. So far you're making
>> blank assertions which contradict pretty much everyone else's
>> understanding of them.

> In my view, the existence of "Canada French", "Canada English" etc...
> versions of CC 2.0 affects usability (or uploader-friendliness), but I
> don't see this as a legal problem.

And yet you claimed legal problems.

>`If you are talking about the legal
> problems I mentioned in my other mail, please have a look at
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Crystal_Clear_icons . They
> are licensed under LGPL (I mentioned GPL in that email, but LGPL is
> probably enough). LGPL licensing ensures that the SVG code (which is a

Noine of which is anything whatsoever to do with CC by-sa, which you
claimed originally to be talking about.

Unless you can distinguish the concepts you are talking about quite a
bit more clearly, you will not convince anyone there is a problem in
the world, as opposed to a problem in your understanding.

- d.