[Foundation-l] Criticism of employees (was VPAT)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 03:14:58 UTC 2011

On 17 February 2011 18:49, whothis <whothith at gmail.com> wrote:
> All that seems rather useless for the most part, I doubt anything from an
> RfA or the AN/I has been brought up this list.

WT:RFA tends to be pretty wide ranging and WP:AN/I is one of the
places major flareups can begin (although I would generally suggest
that tracking WP:AN is more efficient)

>This list seems to be mostly
> policy related discussions, and its probably much easier to follow than what
> you listed above.

WP:AN/I is however very much on the coalface of en.wikipedia. If you
want to know what problems are cropping on a day to basis that is the
kind of thing you need to pay attention to rather than the rather more
abstracted mailing lists.

> Again, if you were to ask a community member about half
> the stuff you follow, they would have told you that 90% of it is rather
> useless and trivial.

Thats true of pretty much everything though.

> There are other policy related things which seem to be
> going by without notice.

With the number of policies listed at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_policies

The weakings who sleep or do silly things like actually edit the
article pages are going to miss stuff. Sure this will sometimes result
in you staring blearily at a deletion log wondering why CSD#T2 has
come back to life (answer it means something different now) but that
is pretty unavoidable.

--
geni