[Foundation-l] Showing the difference between the sexes

Thomas Goldammer thogol at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:12:34 UTC 2011

Lodewijk is absolutely right. For example, "Benutzer" in German is a
default term, it covers both male and female users (probably the same
with gebruiker in Dutch), so why change it to something causing
problems all over the place, not only technical ones? They can add it
to the code of Mediawiki but per default it would be disabled, and to
enable it, it needs of course a community decision.

Btw., Gerard, this wouldn't really help to attract more new female
users. Or how would you think the software could know the gender of an
anonymous user to address them with female language if appropriate? ^^

Best regards
Th.