[Foundation-l] Showing the difference between the sexes

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 21:45:18 UTC 2011

Hoi,
In English the word "User" does not indicate if it is male or female, The
word "Gebruiker" or "Benutzer" do; the female form is "Gebruikster" or
"Benutzerin". It is with pleasure that I learned that Nikerabbit has written
the code that allows for those languages where there is both a male and a
female form the namespace to indicate the sex of a user.

Given that we want to be more welcoming to women, I think it is awesome that
we will be able to address women as women. The fact that we gain some
statistical insight is a fringe benefit.

The only question left is, when can this be implemented..
Thanks,
      GerardM