[Foundation-l] Changes to the identification policies and procedures

Christine Moellenberndt cmoellenberndt at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 4 04:57:49 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Yes, there are some changes happening.  We announced it to the OTRS
volunteers as they are the first to be directly impacted by this
change.  Part of being an OTRS volunteer is the agreement that they
would be willing to provide identification to the Foundation if
requested.  I understand the frustration here, but Board policy says
that those with access to non-public data must ID to the Foundation,
OTRS volunteers have served with the understanding that they agree to ID
if asked, we're now asking them to do so.  We are working with the OTRS
volunteers to find the safest way to do so, that will comply with the
Board but will also provide safety and security to the community.

-Christine and the vacationing Philippe

---------
Christine Moellenberndt
Community Associate