[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikimediaindia-l] 2011 H2 - Steward Elections

Tanvir Rahman wikitanvir at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 05:10:01 UTC 2011

> Perhaps a little explanation as to why we are having a second steward
> election this calendar year might be helpful; it's not entirely clear to
> me,
> at least.

As far as I can see, we are in little short in stewards. Although we have 35
stewards as of now, but most of them are not that active (that makes sense,
everybody has a real life, and other things to do). So, I personally think
having a few more stewards will be helpful. Maybe someone from the election
committee can explain better.

As well, will currently seated stewards be undergoing review?

No, this time there will be election only to elect new stewards. No
confirmations.

Regards,
Tanvir Rahman
Wikitanvir on Wikimedia