[Foundation-l] Board resolutions on controversial content and images of identifiable people

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri Aug 19 19:50:12 UTC 2011

On 19/08/2011 2:46 PM, phoebe ayers wrote:
> I think one thing that will come out of this, which I'm really happy
> about, is that we will learn a lot more about a broadly consultative
> vote and how to do it well.

I think that the first thing that should be learned -- and indeed that
should have been learned /before/ this farce -- is that begging the
question in a "referendum" is fundamentally dishonest.

I was oh so very pleased to learn that I get to give my opinion on
insignificant implementation details of a "feature" that stands in
opposition to everything Wikipedia stands for which is going to be
committed against us whether we like it or not.

-- Coren / Marc