[Foundation-l] The problem with Incubator: An interactive journey

Robin Pepermans robinp.1273 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 22:53:11 UTC 2011

I just realized that we will be able to add languages to
http://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/langlist without having any existing
wiki in that language. Instead, they will point to Incubator when the
redirects are implemented.
For example, all redlinks on Special:SiteMatrix will point to the
Incubator wikis, and if we add e.g. 'inh' to the langlist,
[[inh:Page]] will point to incubator:Wp/inh/Page, without having any
real subdomain for that language.
I do wonder how the interwiki bots would handle this...