[Foundation-l] Board letter about fundraising and chapters

Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 00:38:02 UTC 2011

On Aug 5, 2011, at 6:45 PM, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:
.

> People bring up the forum because this (foundation-l) is the central list
> for the Wikimedia Foundation. Anyone who thinks that this particular issue
> is outside of this list's scope is insane. Using internal-l as a substitute
> for an open discussion isn't appropriate or in line with Wikimedia's values.

+1

I don't cultivate information the way I can only imagine MZMcBride does. So I have no reason, outside such insinuations, to believe that internal-l is being used for general discussion instead of just specific contract talk and similar threads requiring confidentiality. And such winks are so often misleading by way of Chinese whispers, that it the easiest of exercises to assume there is nothing significant to them. Except for the other comment that some people refuse to join foundation-l makes me wonder where such people *do* discuss general topics. If there are any people participating in general topic threads on internal-l while remaining silent during the same time period in transparent forums, they should blush every time they type the word transparent.  I hope that if former category exists at all, they are so not foolish to ever find themselves in the latter position. If it is otherwise, will they please from this moment forward allow others to take the lead on that particular issue. I would hate to see the work towards transparency set backwards because someone too much connected with such work is exposed as a hypocrite by a rival during some period of bad blood.

BirgitteSB