[Foundation-l] Picture of the Year 2010 global notice and translation

Mono mium monomium at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:40:20 UTC 2011

Since Phillipe posted his message to me, I suppose I should post my message
to him.

Hello Phillipe,

The voting rules are very similar to last year's rules. I believe the goal
> is and was to ensure that the voters were part of the Wikimedia community
> and knew a little about our FP process. I agree that this might be a little
> steep, but there are a great deal of active editors across all projects with
> more than 200 edits. It's likely a good portion of them might not
> participate...in general, this is a Wikimedia community activity, where the
> target audience is the Wikimedia community.

Mono

> I'm not sure a semi-final round is necessarily the best use for
> the Centralnotice tool.  Even the Board of Trustees only gets one
> round advertised...

 the stewards election had a global notice for nominations. Additionally,
judging from 2009, Round 2 voters either voted in Round 1 or saw Round 1 and
missed the deadline to vote.

Mono