[Foundation-l] Picture of the Year 2010 global notice and translation

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 22 06:09:18 UTC 2011

I'm copying here what I sent to Mono privately as well, but also saying
this:  I'm not sure a semi-final round is necessarily the best use for the
Centralnotice tool.  Even the Board of Trustees only gets one round
advertised...

My comments to Mono:
*Mono,

I'm curious about the reasoning for 200 edits requirement to vote.

I get it for Board elections or Arbcom.... those people are electing
representatives who effectively legislate on their behalf.

But why, for the best picture, do we have to have a suffrage requirement
higher than about 10?

I've had one complaint already.  I note one on the contest's talk page.

This seems to be at odds with your stated goal of increasing participation.

pb
*

Philippe Beaudette
Head of Reader Relations