[Foundation-l] Board Resolution: Openness

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 20:39:31 UTC 2011

On 12 April 2011 21:17, Quim Gil <quim.gil at nokia.com> wrote:

> About tricky UIs, they can be improved for mobile use. Please take the
> time filing feature requests and your proposals at
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/

I strongly suspect this is in the class of problem which is not going
to achieve good solutions by people annoyed by the mobile interface
filing incremental ad-hoc bugs. Thus, this response does not in fact
seem to demonstrate awareness of the likely scope of the problem. So
please don't take it the wrong way when I say that your answer comes
across as glib.

Rather, it is in the class of problems that will require focused
attention from a designer who understands UI issues and can focus
attention on the vexed issue of designing a mobile editing interface
that, as a whole, is actually functional and usable.

This may require actual focused assignment of resources, i.e.,
spending money. If we can do it by sheer brilliance, great! But if
that were feasible, it would have happened already.

- d.