[Foundation-l] Pending Changes

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:55:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 16:37, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I support PC for a number of reasons including.
>
> 1) Concerns are voiced both by academia and our readership regarding
> Wikipedia's reliability. Pending changes addresses some of these
> concerns.

James, we don't want to cater to the academic community, but to
everyone, and seeing our edits go live immediately was the thing that
made Wikipedia very attractive, its strength and its weakness. We
should need a very clear consensus to change that, and the polls so
far have not shown a strong consensus.

This isn't Nupedia or Citizendium, and any attempt to nudge us in that
direction, which is what PC is, has the potential to damage us.

Sarah