[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Kosovo Chapter?

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Wed Sep 29 12:09:10 UTC 2010

That would only be the case if we would have sufficient information to
actually make a decision and this would be the actual body making such
decision in the first place. Some very important indicators are still
missing. We dont know who the group is, what they want to do, what they
need, how many they are, whether wikimedians are involved in the first
place, what their goals would be, not even to speak about their proposed
bylaws.

You suggest that only being a chapter is a potential success outcome. Of
course that is not the case. Thinking about who you are, where you are,
where you want to go, what you want to do and what you need to get there is
never wasted, especially since there are many ways that lead to Rome. Even
if the conclusion would be that they want to form a chapter, and that would
be rejected (highly hypothetical) that effort would be well spent because
you could use it to persue your goals in another way. Being a chapter is a
tool, not a goal.

Please note that the only indication that they want to form a chapter is not
a notice from themselves, is not a request, but only a hypothetical question
from someone who visited a conference. Really, if you want to make a real
consideration whether it would be a good idea, you need much more
information than you have right now, and the regular process through chapcom
is probably much more effective to evaluate such information than through
this mailing list.

Best,

Lodewijk