[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 28 20:39:26 UTC 2010

2010/9/28 Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com>:
> Thank you for confirming that English Wikipedia does not have a choice in
> whether or not this tool is deployed on our project.

There have been two massive polls in the English Wikipedia already on
Pending Changes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pending_changes/Closure

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pending_changes/Straw_poll_on_interim_usage

In both these polls, strong majorities _opposed_ disabling the
feature, which is why we haven't turned it off. All we're doing is
keeping the software running and making fixes we know need to be made.
The process for the English Wikipedia community to determine what it
wants to do with this technology, if anything, continues.

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation