[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 20:30:30 UTC 2010

Erik -

Thank you for confirming that English Wikipedia does not have a choice in
whether or not this tool is deployed on our project.

Just a quick reminder of the words of William Pietri, who was the lead
developer of this project until the day after the first trial took place:

"This is, as the community requested, a 60-day trial. At the end of that,
unless the community clearly requests otherwise, we'll turn it back off.
Assuming that the trial starts on time, it will also end on time."[1]

Well, that obviously didn't happen, and now we know why. If William did not
have the authority to make that statement, it was your place to have
corrected him forthwith. How unfortunate that you have placed a respected
developer in this position.

Risker/Anne

[1]
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.english/106702/match=pending+changes