[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Kosovo Chapter?

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:35:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 22:02, Joan Goma <jrgoma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Think big Milos. Wikimedia Germany is even better organized than Kosovo. Let
> Kosovo alone and put Germany in Serbia.

This is the good point. I am actually working on that. Seriously.

> Who do you think can succeed better promoting the projects in Kosovo,
> Wikimedia Serbia, Wikimedia Kosovo, or both?
>
> We are here to promote Wikimedia projects not to promote Serbia union nor
> Kosovo independence.

You probably misunderstood my position. I am in favor of creation
Wikimedia Kosovo, as well as I am in favor of creation Wikimedia
Catalonia.

But, here is the answer to your question:

There are two dominant positions toward Kosovo in Serbia: (1) We want
Kosovo without Albanians and (2) We don't want Kosovo and we want to
build the wall around it.

There are two dominant positions toward Serbian in Kosovo: (1) We
don't want to have Kosovo in Serbia and (2) We don't want to have
Kosovo in Serbia and we don't want to have any contact with Serbs.

In such circumstances, there is a little space for anything.