[Foundation-l] How bureaucracy works: the example

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 12:39:09 UTC 2010

on 9/26/10 7:09 AM, Fred Bauder at fredbaud at fairpoint.net wrote:

> When you're a big success it is very hard to continue to take the
> necessary actions to achieve genuine greatness. The usual response to
> suggestions of change is to circle the wagons.

Yes. And a part of true greatness is the willingness, and the limitless
ability, to innovate and to evolve.

Three quotes come to my mind regarding this:

* - "If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really
living." -- Gail Sheehy

* - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when
we created them." - Albert Einstein

And, to describe what the Project did in the beginning:

* - "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Marc