[Foundation-l] Mozilla Drumbeat Festival

Samuel J Klein sj at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 20 15:27:16 UTC 2010

Hello Abbas,

I'm glad to hear you are coming!  It's going to be an amazing event.

We will have a WikiTent  at the Drumbeat Festival (a 'tent' in the
Festival lingo, but most likely a long open hall separated into a few
different areas, including a lower level with a redesigned crypt).

It will be set up for working/hacking on wiki projects (not only
Wikimedia projects).  I am helping with space scheduling -- if you or
your group are coming to Drumbeat, let me know (leave me a talk-page
message on meta or on the mozilla wiki), especially if you want to
organize a project or session.

A number of chapters are sending people, including Wikimedia
Deutschland, and of course editors from around Barcelona and across
Spain.   The festival is designed to be an event for making things,
not a conference -- and proposals for projects are welcome:
   https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/events/Festival/program/propose

SJ

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Abbas Mahmoud <abbasjnr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just thought I'd tell you guys that's there's an upcoming Mozilla Drumbeat Festival this November in Barcelona whose theme is "Learning, Freedom and the Web". It's a festival that gathers librarians, creative commoners, wikimedians, hackers, open textbook authors, edupunks and people teaching web development from all over the world. Keynote guests include Mitchell Baker, Mozilla Foundation; Joi Ito, Creative Commons; to mention but afew. As far as I know, the only person from WMF will be SJ and Wikimedians from Catalan. Check: http://www.drumbeat.org/festival for more info. Also, Open Ed 2010 will be occuring during the same time. http://openedconference.org/2010/
>
> Hope to see you guys there.
>
> Regards,
> Abbas Mahmoud

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj