[Foundation-l] Mozilla Drumbeat Festival

Abbas Mahmoud abbasjnr at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 07:44:08 UTC 2010

Image by FlamingText.com

Hi,

Just thought I'd tell you guys that's there's an upcoming Mozilla Drumbeat Festival this November in Barcelona whose theme is "Learning, Freedom and the Web". It's a festival that gathers librarians, creative commoners, wikimedians, hackers, open textbook authors, edupunks and people teaching web development from all over the world. Keynote guests include Mitchell Baker, Mozilla Foundation; Joi Ito, Creative Commons; to mention but afew. As far as I know, the only person from WMF will be SJ and Wikimedians from Catalan. Check: http://www.drumbeat.org/festival for more info. Also, Open Ed 2010 will be occuring during the same time. http://openedconference.org/2010/

Hope to see you guys there.

Regards,
Abbas Mahmoud