[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

Wjhonson wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 20:46:42 UTC 2010

Quote: "Then you are misunderstanding the meaning of the word 'educational' I think. "

Perhaps the word you want is "academic".  I'm sure a university might look down upon an encyclopedia of "Petticoat Junction" but that doesn't mean that Wikipedia should.  That our work is "popular" and educational and not academic and yet has a large number, perhaps the majority, in academic articles, is why it appeals to the widest audience.  That is a strength, not a weakness.