[Foundation-l] Wikimedia mirrors

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Thu Sep 16 08:17:44 UTC 2010

John Vandenberg wrote:
> The key would be to allow the mirrors to delete their mirror when they
> need to use their excess storage capability.  If they let us know in
> advance that they are reclaiming the space, another organisation with
> excess storage capability can take over.

Surely I don't need to be the one to point out that another huge issue with
mirrors is that they often replicate bad information ("John Doe is a
rapist", etc.). The mirrors you all are talking about sound like they'd
update fairly regularly. Some of the current (unofficial) mirrors, however,
have a horrible tendency to import once and then linger forever.

MZMcBride