[Foundation-l] Wikimedia mirrors

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Thu Sep 16 02:09:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:52:25AM +1000, John Vandenberg wrote:
> We would need to mirror the database dumps available from
>
> http://dumps.wikimedia.org/backup-index.html

The main issue is that they are not being updated as frequently as
they should be.

> The toolserver (run by the German chapter) has a 'live' copy of the
> databases, so that would likely be the first recovery option.

That's interesting because we also need a 'private backup' for all
hidden data including deleted revisions. Storing them at chapters
facilities seems to be a good idea.

--
Osama Khalid
English-to-Arabic translator and programmer.