[Foundation-l] WMF Board meetings, minutes and motions

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:21:35 UTC 2010

Hi,
Thanks for this update,

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Samuel J Klein <sj at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> At the same time, we also approved the formation of Wikimedia Eesti.
> Welcome to the Estonian chapter!  This chapter has the distinction of
> having received approval without translating any of their core
> documents into English.  (While I like this, I hope that ee. editors
> will find time to update the Estonian pages on Meta to reflect the
> current state of the projects, in the language of their choice...)
>  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Eesti
>  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tell_us_about_Estonian_Wikipedia
>

> For what it's worth, the bylaws were indeed translated into English, so
that Chapcom didn't need to rely on my "Hi! How are you?" level of Estonian
to understand and review them. And fortunately, Estonian seems to be pretty
easily understood by Google Translate.

As for projects, you can get a glimpse by looking at their grant request
at: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:WM_EE/Start_up, or at the
sitenotices on the Estonian Wikipedia (they are currently running an image
gathering program, and previously had a competition for IT students, if I am
not mistaken). I've CC'd in Ivo from the Estonian chapter, so he can correct
me if I am wrong and who hopefully will be signed up to the various mailing
lists soon – I also encouraged them to send periodical chapters reports of
their activities once they are settled in a bit :)

Best regards,
Bence