[Foundation-l] Call for a moratorium on all new software developments

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Tue Sep 7 04:32:03 UTC 2010

Liam Wyatt wrote:
> In order to rid ourselves of all this harmful software I propose that we
> extend this moratorium and dispose with the need for software at all. Instead,
> we should build the world's first carrier pigeon-based encyclopedia.

I think this would be funnier if the Wikimedia Foundation weren't already
involved in so many brain-dead projects. Half-assed and half-baked efforts
do distract from the projects that show actual potential. Or alternately,
the projects that show potential are pushed aside for the projects that make
headlines.

Instead of doing a few things well, Wikimedia ends up doing a lot of things
poorly. That seems to be the main point in the original poster's message.

MZMcBride