[Foundation-l] Fundraising time is approaching!

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 04:00:10 UTC 2010

(sending from personal email since @wikimedia isn't subscribed at the
moment)

Hello Wikimedians,

As many of you are aware, we are now two months away from the Fundraiser for
the Wikimedia Foundation, 2010.  We have lofty goals, and we can meet them
and exceed them!

The meta translators are already actively engaged in the annual drive to
distribute our messages, but we would like to point everyone to the
developments we've made in banner messages- from creation to commentary to
the ones that will go live for test and for the drive itself in November.
It's one of our goals to make sure that all volunteers know that there is a
place for them in the Fundraising drive.  We've started the setup on meta[1]
for both banner submission[2], statistical analysis[3], and grouping
volunteers together that would like to find specific focus and work in that
area[4].

This year the Wikimedia Foundation is taking a proactive stance in reaching
out to each and every Wikimedia project and volunteer to find innovation,
collaboration, and collation of ideas from the community driven process.
The staff working on this is comprised of long-time Wikimedians with as much
care and concern for the success of this drive as the volunteers, and we
want you to actively participate and have a voice.

Use the talk pages on meta, talk to your local communities, talk to others,
talk to us.  Engagement is what we strive for, without each other we would
never had made Wikimedia succeed.  Everyone is welcome to contact any of us
on staff at any time with a timely response to follow.  We actively
encourage focusing discussion on meta so we can all work together.

See you on the wiki!

1. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010
2. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Messages
3. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Banner_testing/Stats
4. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Committee

--
Keegan Peterzell
Associate Community Officer, Fundraising 2010
kpeterzell at wikimedia.org

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!