[Foundation-l] HR and Recruiting Feed on Identi.ca and Twitter

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Sep 3 14:50:41 UTC 2010

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I don't think that was constructive criticism. Personally I think that
>> Foundation staff should be applauded for trying to be more transparent
>> about
>> hiring, even if you disagree with what they might be experimenting with.
>>
>> Steven Walling
> You mean the transparency that they have been repeatably asked for in
> the past by people and was denied by staff because updating even a
> simple on wiki list would "take too long"? Although i guess a
> microblog feed will make it easier for people such as those staff and
> contractors who had to ask other staff (who apparently had to ask even
> more people) about who people in the building even were and if they
> were meant to be there.

That seems like a further example of unconstructive criticism. If you'd
like to take some particular person to task for failing to meet your
personal standards, perhaps you could do it directly, rather than in front
of an audience of thousands? That's likely to be more effective, and is
certain to have fewer unwelcome side effects.

William