[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Editing is project number 832465

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.rs
Sat Oct 23 21:02:40 UTC 2010

Дана Saturday 23 October 2010 22:44:52 Fred Bauder написа:
> Here's a new job offered on Freelancer.com:
>
> "Description
> Wikipedia writer needed for historic building/hotel in a major city. The
> wikipedia page already exist but it is not too detailed to reflect its
> rich history.

[snip]

> Is this an acceptable project? How should someone who gets this contract
> handle it?

I'm not sure if I said this before, anyway: I don't see anything wrong with
this in principle, but only in principle. If an editor follows all the
Wikipedia policies, I see no principal reason to ban him solely because he is
getting money for his editing. However, in practice, whenever I see an editor
who appears to be financially connected to the articles he is editing, the
edits do not follow Wikipedia policies. So, no.