[Foundation-l] Controversial Content Study Part 3

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 23:10:05 UTC 2010

There's probably an important and interesting 'meta' point to make
about whether or not lists such as this one actually have utility in
forwarding discussion and resolution,or whether we prefer to sort of
talk to ourselves, then let things slide... but I'm going for the
later...

I really just wanted to follow up the issue of a systemic approach to
permanent deletion of material which may be illegal on WMF servers -
stewards and oversighters on commons can still access an image of a 16
year old girl masturbating - 9 months after I first notified this
list....

my initial post -
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-January/056658.html

image of 16 year old girl masturbating -
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Closeup_of_female_masturbation_pastel.jpg&action=edit&redlink=1

Now I would ask Mike if that's legal or not, but I can't seem to get
hold of him - I've previously notified board members on meta with no
response, and hope it's now appropriate to copy Sue on this to ensure
all are at least aware of the lack of action here....

cheers,

Peter,
PM.