[Foundation-l] Greg Kohs and Peter Damian

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:07:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Marc Riddell
<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> As I understand this Forum, it is for discussing all issues related to the Foundation
> that controls the Project we are all working on. The Community should be able to
> openly discuss all of the laundry that belongs to it - both clean and dirty.

It should, and regularly does...

Robert Horning writes:

> This is a years (nearly a decade?) old mailing list with a rich and
> varied history and a whole lot of participants.  The degree of
> toleration for dissent can and ought to be a central aspect to the
> governance of these projects, and in fact is one of the reasons why I
> still participate in one degree or another on the various projects.

Nearly a decade!  Yes, this is also one of the reasons I am proud to
be a wikimedian.  So I assume that moderation here is not from
intolerance of dissent.  Discussions or dissent about contracts, jobs
and any Foundation policies are historically on-topic.

SJ

--
Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266