[Foundation-l] Movement roles update and meeting on 21 October

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:49:33 UTC 2010

At its meeting on 9 October, the Movement Roles working group
presented an update on its current work and an outline for the coming
year. Thanks to everybody who participated in the preparation of the
proposal. The Board approved the direction of the group, and
encouraged all interested parties, particularly chapters and other
stakeholders as outlined in the proposal, to engage in the process.
You can find the proposal on meta:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project/Proposal

After working mainly on the framing of the process over the past
weeks, we're now starting with the real work. For example, over the
next few months we will be reaching out to hear from a broad range of
Wikimedians. For anybody who wants to engage in the process or just
wants to learn more about the movement roles project we will have an
open meeting next Thursday. The agenda will be to update you on
progress to date, lay out the process going forward, and to find out
how you might be able to help us.

Please join us at 1500 UTC on Thursday, 21 October on IRC in the
#wikimedia-roles channel.

If you do not have an IRC client, you can join using a web browser: go
to http://webchat.freenode.net/, type in the nickname of your choice,
and choose #wikimedia-roles as the channel.

If you're interested in participating in the process and can't make it
to the open meeting, you can send an e-mail to adhair at gmail.com, or
comment on-wiki—see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project.  We are
particularly interested to hear your answers to the list of questions
we plan to ask Wikimedians, which you can see at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project/Questionnaire

On behalf of the working group,

Austin Hair