[Foundation-l] Chapters and more

Joan Goma jrgoma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 07:35:38 UTC 2010

I would like to raise your attention on a topic related to movement roles.

It seems that activities of movement roles working group has not raised high
interest at meta probably because it is a one year term job.

One week ago I wrote a list of comments and proposals at talk page:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Movement_roles_working_group

Those proposals are addressed to improve the Chapters, the Chapters
committee and relationship between chapters and projects.

They are mainly focused in giving transparency to the activities of Chapters
and Chapters Committee, and giving voice to the projects in important
decisions related to chapters.

I think there are issues that should be solved without waiting for one year
until movement roles working group has his job done. In particular chapters
like the Catalan one that according to the interpretation the ChapCom gives
to the Board resolutions they don’t recommend its approval.