[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 4 15:54:06 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noein" <pronoein at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

> I am sincerely asking you, without insinuation: how do you know you're
> not one of them? What's the difference between the one who knows he
> knows and the one who doesn't know he doesn't know if it's only about
> self-perception (or social perception)?
> Where is the universality of knowledge in this conception if it boils
> down to intimate convictions ?

There are well-established mechanisms for determining this.  I have had many
papers published, I am currently working collaboratively with another
academic on a book on medieval philosophy. I have no problem working with
people who understand the rules, I am told the quality of my work is good.
There are objective mechanisms for determining whether someone is a crank.

I admit to having a seriously short fuse, and that was my main problem in
working in Wikipedia.  But that is different from the issue you are talking
about.