[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005? How is it in other language projects?

Michael Snow wikipedia at frontier.com
Sat Oct 2 19:08:13 UTC 2010

  On 10/2/2010 8:59 AM, Andreas Kolbe wrote:
> I do believe the fact that there is less of a culture of scholarly source research in en:WP, and a preference of press sources over scholarly sources, especially in the humanities, impacts very negatively on en:WP's performance in this area.
I believe this is twin to the common problem in English Wikipedia
culture of an inappropriate bias against sources that are not written in
English, or not readily findable online (and often both apply). Given
that English is much more of a lingua franca in the sciences than in
other disciplines, it should not be surprising if this leads to inferior
coverage in the humanities.

--Michael Snow