[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Kosovo Chapter? Re: Fwd: SFK100 Press Release

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:43:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Plus to convince voting ChapCom members enough that it is good idea to
> convince WM Serbia that it is a good idea.
>
> As a non-voting member of ChapCom and Board member of WM RS I can
> confirm that the harder task is to convince ChapCom.

As a voting member of ChapCom, I can say that we wouldn't leave the
decision to Wikimedia Serbia.

It's a complicated issue, just as Hong Kong, Taiwan, and New York City
were.  It deserves reasoned discussion and a rational decision based
on the practical reality.

I'm neither pledging support for nor opposing a Kosovar chapter—I'm
simply stating, for the record, that we'll take any application on its
own merits.

Austin