[Foundation-l] Corporate Social Responsibility

Ryan Kaldari rkaldari at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 22 18:33:34 UTC 2010

A couple quick points:
* Average rent for an apartment in San Francisco is $2,282/month. If you
exclude the neighborhoods where you're likely to get shot, it's more
like $2500-$3000.
* I believe "Salary and other compensation" includes payment to
contractors, of which we currently have about 20-30 (which aren't
counted as employees).

If you factor those in you may understand why I spend over 50% of my
paycheck on rent, commute 45 minutes to work, drive a car from 1973, and
eat microwave burritos. Either that or my "western, capitalist,
materialist and proprietary cultural bias" has gone seriously haywire :)

Ryan Kaldari