[Foundation-l] Corporate Social Responsibility

Renata St renatawiki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 22:49:37 UTC 2010

> Also, at page 7, three major compensations are described:
> Sue Gardner was compensated 175050$ (equivalent to a monthly 14587$ income)
> Veronique Kessler was compensated 121859$ (equivalent to a monthly
> 10155$ income)
> Mike Godwin was compensated 128139$ (equivalent to a monthly 10678$
> income).
>
> I don't live in the USA, but I'm surprised about these numbers.

I live in US and I work in public accounting. As part of my work I have to
look through numerous payroll schedules for various companies. WMF salaries
are very reasonable. They do not simply profit from volunteer work. They
work hard and do an amazing job. They deserve every penny they get. If you
think about it: if they chose to go into for-profit fields, they would be
getting substantially larger paychecks. But they decided to forgo that
personal benefit. So they are not profiting, they in fact sacrificing....
and I am extremely greatful.

Renata