[Foundation-l] A question for American Wikimedians

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 22:18:03 UTC 2010

2010/11/17  <WJhonson at aol.com>:
> In a message dated 11/17/2010 1:23:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> steven.walling at gmail.com writes:
>

>> Also, point of quibbling as an American: not looking to argue about it,
>> but
>> Obama is generally thought of as African American, as it says in the
>> second
>> sentence of his en.wiki article. It might offend people if you try and say
>> our President isn't black. >>
>>

> Obama is exactly half-black and half-white.
> Funny how he is "African American" but of course he is equally "Caucasian
> American"

Which shows only hot dangerous "political correctness" can get. I
wonder if in 2050, when the white population will no longer be be in
majority, such a person will be called an European-American...

For those of you who speak other languages than English, I suggest
reading the English, French, Spanish, Italian and/or German versions
of en:Mulatto. You will get an extraordinary glimpse of what different
groups consider relevant about this subject - the French have an
interesting comparison of the term in several languages.

> I suppose it's intellectually dishonest to claim that "most American blacks
> are part white", since it's possibly also true that "most American whites
> are part black"

Citation needed?:P

Strainu