[Foundation-l] A question for American Wikimedians

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 21:53:33 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/17/2010 1:23:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
steven.walling at gmail.com writes:

> Also, point of quibbling as an American: not looking to argue about it,
> but
> Obama is generally thought of as African American, as it says in the
> second
> sentence of his en.wiki article. It might offend people if you try and say
> our President isn't black. >>

Obama is exactly half-black and half-white.
Funny how he is "African American" but of course he is equally "Caucasian
American"

I suppose it's intellectually dishonest to claim that "most American blacks
are part white", since it's possibly also true that "most American whites
are part black"