[Foundation-l] Funding Sources of Medical Research, was Misplaced Reliance, was Re: Paid editing...

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 02:39:50 UTC 2010

Most journals do make their abstracts visible, so if funding is
included there, one can see it without logging in.

But there are two  serious ethical problems, one of them is what
people who are funded by a commercial or POV entity do incorrectly
because of that funding.
The worse is the concealment of one's funding in order to avoid
suspicion of the bias.

Everything that is done incorrectly because of funding is also done by
those who have an intellectual  or emotional stake in the outcome

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.