[Foundation-l] Which pages to apply Flagged Protection to (Re: Renaming "Flagged Protections)

Rob Lanphier robla at wikimedia.org
Fri May 28 00:51:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the best way of rolling this out if it is possible would be to
> replace all semi protected articles with flagged protected or"double check"
> protected.  If it works well we could than either add more pages or apply
> it
> to all pages.

Hi James,

I think it'd be good to have a conversation on this talk page about the
subject of where to roll this out to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions/Trial

There's already been a little bit of discussion there, and should probably
be more.

Note that this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions/Trial

...has a section titled "Initial article count limits".  We're planning on
putting an upper bound of 2000 articles, so putting all semi-protected
articles under the new regime is probably off the table.  Just speaking for
myself as a community member, it seems smart to limit this to pages that
would qualify for semi-protection.  It would be very appropriate to add a
policy sec

Speaking as a member of WMF, we think it's really important that the
community has policies ready when this rolls out, so thank you for
(re)starting the conversation.

Rob